Jr. Marketing Specialist
Assist in scaling out every aspect of the marketing strategy
CybernetIQ is looking for Jr. Marketing Specialist to join us for a full-time position.
The ideal candidate is an independent worker who has a strong attention to detail. This role reports directly to the CEO.
As a Jr. Marketing Specialist at CybernetIQ, you will help drive our strategic business goals, exude our brand values and enhance our reputation. A successful candidate will handle a scope of work that includes SEO content development, development of paid and owned digital marketing campaigns, social media content creation and channel management, analytics analysis and reporting and competitive research. This role has flexibility to be tailored to their growth and strengths.
CLAW is a next generation cyber security tool whose goal is to empower analysts to make better use of their aggregated data and machine learning outputs. The CybernetIQ team is working remotely. Preference may be given to candidates in the same time zone as the company is based in Ottawa.
Apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a new website
- Assist in the standardization of branding across the entire organization including content in Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Word, the website, and the product videos
- Research and develop quality, brand-aligned digital content including landing pages, blog articles, white papers, and infographics to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Monitor, analyze and report on web analytics, providing recommendations for short and long-term improvements
- Conduct competitor research and present meaningful insights and recommendations to the team around positioning, and promotion of cybersecurity products
- Jump in as required to provide support across various projects in areas of research, creative ideation, communications, and asset development
Knowledge and skills
- Demonstrable experience in digital marketing (any of professional, co-op, and volunteer experience may be used)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical audiences
- Adept communicator across digital channels using graphic design (e.g. infographics, videos etc.)
- Strong interest and comprehension in writing and editing content for the web
- Curious, positive, collaborative, and possessing excellent self-management, research, and organizational skills
- Independent problem-solving aptitude
- Strong attention to detail and ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to influence with or without authority
- Experience managing social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.) is a bonus
It is a bonus if you have:
- Experience using WordPress, Webflow, Canva/Adobe, or other graphic design experience
- Experience using a CRM such as Hubspot or Salesforce
- Knowledge in A/B Testing including setting up, using, analyzing, and reporting on performance metrics via an analytics platform such as Google Analytics
- Experience with video editing software
CybernetIQ values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender or age. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or national origin.
CybernetIQ is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise CybernetIQ in a timely fashion of the specific needs / accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to any specific needs / accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.