At CybernetIQ, we’re changing the way we see cybersecurity. Built by security operators, for security operators, we are building technologies and offering services that bring the challenge of securing our customers and the networks that support our everyday way of life.
The Lead Product Developer is the technical owner of a product and is responsible for owning and guiding the development of all software released by the team. The ideal candidate is an independent worker who has strong attention to detail.
Balancing technical concerns, product development, and delivery timelines, while ensuring that a high-quality bar is met from both a software design and a product specification perspective.
They are responsible for directly managing a team of individual contributors by guiding them technically, pushing for technical excellence, and owning the quality of the final output of the team. They will work closely with the Product Manager to facilitate the breaking down of larger projects into smaller milestones and estimate at a high level on behalf of their team in longer-term project discussions.
What you are responsible for:
Engineering Management & Technical Leadership
- Coaching, mentoring, and managing a team of 4-5 engineers through 1:1s, pair programming, knowledge-sharing, and providing and facilitating knowledge-sharing opportunities within their team.
- Assigning and delegating projects and work within the team to help spur technical growth of team members, while also delivering against project timelines with quality.
- Mentoring team members and guiding them toward consistent, logical coding and software design patterns.
- Maintaining a high-quality bar for the team’s output by establishing and iterating on code review standards, testing standards, and software design processes.
- Introducing and driving the adoption of tools and practices that help the team operate more effectively, efficiently, and with greater quality.
- Supporting the long-term organization-wide technical initiatives by facilitating the adoption of technical best practices within the team and owning the final software design and architecture of the team’s output.
- Articulating and developing the business case for managing the technical debt within the team and pushing for the resolution of important technical deb
Technical Project Management
- Helping the Product Manager develop a clear, unambiguous roadmap
- Managing deadlines by holding the team accountable to their commitments
- Communicating clearly and proactively inside and outside the team when there are technical issues that arise with software released by their team, and following up accordingly
- Interfacing with technical architects to help shape the technical strategy of the organization.
- Working with technical architects to ensure that the team’s development practices and software align with the organization’s technical strategy.
- Escalating product opportunities identified by the team.
- Setting the standards for work ethic, engineering excellence, communication, and collaboration within their team, through their actions and through positive and negative reinforcement of behavior.
- Crafting growth plans and providing opportunities for individual contributors to take on the additional scope and increased responsibilities so that they can progress to more senior roles.
- Building and fostering a cohesive team environment that favors collaborative problem-solving and enables the growth of more junior team members through mentorship.
- Coding, providing code reviews, and facilitating and contributing to architecture discussions, when necessary, to help drive the team towards achieving their goals and reaching technical decisions in a timely manner.
Your Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- Previous leadership experience
- Experience working on SaaS products with common web development frameworks
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and issues to technical and non-technical people alike and adjust their presentation accordingly.
- Focused on prioritizing customers’ needs and long-term business success in their development work.
- Pushes to achieve results and sets aggressive goals for themselves and their team.
- Navigating ambiguity: Able to motivate themselves to clear roadblocks and prioritize important work in the face of unclear requirements.
- Able to understand others’ points of view and work well within the constructs of a cross-functional team.
- Looking to always sharpen their skills and learn new things both technically and professionally.
- Building single-page web apps of varying levels of maturity and adoption in multiple domains.
- Maintained production web apps that are in use by B2B customers.
- Have a “leave it better than you found it” mentality and are willing to work with and improve on code you did not originally write.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to produce clear documentation for both colleagues and customer
- Experience with REST APIs and NoSQL data storage systems like MongoDB
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with Python, machine learning, or other programming languages
- Experience working with AWS
- Previous experience working at a start-up with an early-stage product
CybernetIQ values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender, or age. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or national origin.
CybernetIQ is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise CybernetIQ in a timely fashion of the specific needs/accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to any specific needs/accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
About the CybernetIQ Engineering Team:
CybernetIQ engineers are cut from a different cloth. We’re comfortable with taking on huge challenges and breaking them into smaller chunks spread across different disciplines to build products that our customers can’t live without. We understand our customers’ needs because we’ve seen the world through their experiences, and actively listen to that input. From a grassroots perspective, we have built CLAW – our attack surface analysis platform – every step of the way with their needs in mind.
We operate as a team at every level. Working together on big tasks, collaborating directly with the users, and sharing our story through the Demand Generation and Marketing leads every step of the way. We know that working together and being clear with our intentions is critical to building a great product.